Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday JAKE

At 2:06am on Friday, May 3rd, 2008 (my step-dads birthday by the way) our HANDSOME baby boy, Jacob "Jake" Alan Beard, was brought into this world weighing a good 9 lbs. 14 oz. (the last ultrasound was VERY close), and was 21 inches long. Time again stopped and all I could focus on was this handsome wide eyed baby boy. My son! I cried harder than I have ever cried before. I felt emotions that a woman won't ever be able to experience unless she gives birth to another human. I was completely and irrevocably in love with this little boy.

So here we are a year ago today life as we know it was about to take a drastic change. A year ago today, I was completely blind of what Mike and I were going to experience the coming year . A year ago today, I was experiencing a whole new level of emotions. A year ago today, I was scared to death. A year ago today, my water had just been broken. A year ago today, I was about to be given the best gift God could ever offer a living soul. So here I am, exactly one year later, mother to an amazing one year old miracle. If someone could please tell me where the time has gone, I would greatly appreciate it. This year has been full of adventure, sleepless nights, tears, lots and lots of laughter, tons of milestones, and multiple scrapes and bumps (I swear I don't beat my child), a few episodes of pulling out hair...Hey, its gonna happen, but more than anything, love. The love I have for this little boy grows uncontrollably every single minute, and will last throughout eternity. I thank God for him everyday, and wonder how in the world I ever deserved such a precious, perfect gift. I am extremely excited to watch him grow into a toddler, into a child, into a teenager (even though I am scared out of my mind about that stage), and even more into a man of his own, though at the same time, I am sad to see my baby grow up, and out of arms. Guess its time for more (wink wink), OK, not now-now, but maybe soon. I just want to enjoy him as much as I can right now because in the blink of an eye he will be off to college.

Baby Beard just hanging out



Just arrived

His daddy praying over him



With the birthday boy


Not so sure about his cake

Mommy's little boy, forever :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Story Chelsea! It truly is amazing!!!!